Coconut oil is one of those natural wonders you keep hearing about when you start talking eczema and as you start your research you will begin to understand why. It is taken from the edible flesh of a coconut, has many properties which can help to manage eczema. Here are some of them:
- Lauric acid has proven antibacterial properties which can help control the growth of staphylococcus bacteria which loves living on dry skin. It also has anti-inflammatory benefits which can help during the itch-scratch cycle.
- Saturated fats these add smoothness to the skin and also layer the skin’s natural barrier to help it to retain moisture.
- Vitamin E which is needed for healthy skin to grow and repair itself.
- Phytonutrients and polyphenols which have antioxidant properties to fight skin cell damage
- Caprylic and capric acid to prevent itchy and flakey skin as well as helping to protect the skin’s natural protective barrier.