Last week we were featured in popular online parenting website, ‘Mouths of Mums’. We wrote about “How stress could be making your toddler’s eczema worse”. We have included some of the key points from the article below:
Toddler stress and eczema
During stressful times, your toddler’s skin becomes more sensitive leading to inflammation- if your toddler has eczema, increases in inflammation will make the eczema worse. So it is always important to be on top of some of the key triggers which cause stress in toddlers:
- Separation anxiety – when you toddler is away from yourself, partner or other main caregiver for long periods of time, they can become quite stressed
- Busy schedules – toddler’s need breaks (just like we do), so always being on the go can increase a toddler’s stress levels
- Toilet training
Manage your toddler’s stress
The good thing is that there are many ways which you can manage your toddler’s stress. Some key ways you can manage your toddler’s stress are:
- Sleep time – this is always difficult when your toddler has eczema. Managing your toddler’s eczema routine, will mean that they will be less likely to scratch during sleep-time and will sleep better
- Exercise – always helps at any age.
- Do more of what it is that your toddler enjoy’s doing – share in their fun with them.
This is only a quick summary of the article. To read the full article, click here
This post is brought to you with love by Julia & the Itchy Baby Co. Team
Disclaimer: Information provided is of a general nature only, and you should always consult your medical professional.